Ask any sixth grader and they’ll tell you—scientific principal demands a theory and must be researched and tested before being proved as an absolute fact. So while it sounds all well and good, how do you know that your WAVE Home Ventilation system does, in fact, work? Well, when looking at the research, performance tests, and mechanics of it all, it’s hard to argue with science.
In a nutshell, the reason why WAVE’s home ventilation system is so effective rests on three key principles:
Temperature—Raising the temperature lowers the relative humidity in a basement or crawl space.
Moisture—Reducing moisture content lowers the relative humidity
Ventilation—Increasing air circulation over surfaces will extract moisture.
The WAVE home ventilation system is a mechanical ventilation unit that is engineered to exhaust the moist, musty and contaminated air that becomes trapped in the house due to the poor circulation of indoor air and bring in new, healthier air.
The unit focuses on the most problematic area(s) of the home—usually in the basement and/or crawl space—where it is the coldest, dampest, least ventilated and most polluted. By addressing the temperature and moisture levels of a home with proper ventilation, as does the WAVE home ventilation system, moisture problems are speedily remedied and healthy, clean air can be enjoyed throughout the entire house (of course, including crawl spaces and the basement) at all times.
So, How does it work?
1. Since cool moist air is heavy and will gravitate to the lowest point, installation of a ventilation unit in the basement is typically key to preventing moisture issues.
2. The heavier, moist, polluted air is drawn into the powerful and quiet system by a precision ventilation fan and then expelled to the outside of the house through a 6” duct—similar to a clothes dryer.
3. This flushed out contaminated air is then replaced with a flow of relatively drier, warmer and fresher air drawn downward from the upper levels of the house The warmer replenishment air raises the surface temperature, thereby lowering relative humidity The interior air of the home is constantly being replaced naturally—through windows, doors and cracks.
4. The unit continues to expel this moist air until the desired preset humidity level is reached. The unit never shuts off—maintaining a constant airflow 24/7 in every season – keeping your home’s basement and crawl spaces well ventilated.
5. Home ventilation controls are set at a humidity target level that adjusts depending on the weather using a sensor.
Utilizing the latest technology and operating under the basic principles of scientific knowledge, the WAVE Home Solutions ventilation system is the answer to your home’s basement & crawl space air quality concerns. Constant air exchange is vital to a healthy home, and with only one WAVE home ventilation system, the entire house can enjoy fresh, clean, dry and healthy air at all times.